OPCutting can import cutting list. The relative data with the various pieces of a cutting plan (cutting list) can beings imported in OPCutting for the creation of a new cutting list. Those must be stored in files with the formats delimited text “; ” (txt or csv) in the form:
Reference; Designation; Number; Length; Width; Thickness; Species; Grain (finished by a return to the line).
The direction of the grain must be noted in the form of a numerical entirety: 0 for "horizontal direction", 1 for "vertical direction" and 2 for "unspecified direction".
OPCutting takes the unit of measurement which you have defines as unit of measurement of the pieces of the imported cutting list. OPCutting determines by default dimensions and species of the panels necessary to be able to output the imported pieces. Default values which you can then modify. You can thus generate your cutting plan starting from a cutting list creates in another software (estimate, spreadsheet etc…) allowing to export the data with the formats text or csv.
1) Click on File menu.
2) Click on the Import menu.
3) The Import of a cutting plan (cutting list) dialog box opens and gives you information concerning the course of the importation.
4) Check the First line of the file contains the headings check box, if it is the case, otherwise leave the check box not checked. Attention if the file to be imported comprises the headings of the columns and that you do not notch this box, an error will be generated when you launch the importation and this one is cancelled! If on the contrary you notch this box whereas the file does not comprise the headings, no error will be generated but the first line of the file will be ignored!
5) Click on the Ok button, the Import of a cutting plan (cutting list) dialog box is closed and that of opening of file opens.
6) Select the file to be imported.
7) Click on the Open button, the dialog box is closed and Option of the modifications dialog box appears and invites you to select the modifications which you wish to carry out on the default values given by OPCutting.
8) Once all the modifications carried out and the last closed dialog box, the cutting list is displayed. You can then save it and carry out later on modifications, exactly as if this cutting list had been creates in OPCutting.